In previous articles, we discussed the importance of using skin care and even explained how to follow an easy morning skin care routine for men. Properly washing our faces was one of the key factors in a morning routine but it is even more important at night.
At night, when your body is healing the skin is getting replenished from all the daily damage. With this in mind, this means you need to cleanse your skin thoroughly and apply the proper products that give your skin the nourishment it needs at night.
- Slightly dampen your face and fingers with water.
- Add 1 to 2 pumps of product to your hands and make it foam well.
- Spread the product evenly onto your face.
- Massage the product into your skin for a deep cleanse.
- Rinse with water once the bubbles are gone and make sure to rinse until all traces of product are completely gone.
- Pour several drops of toner onto your hands.
- Slightly rub both palms together.
- Apply all over your face with tapping motions until fully absorbed.
- Eye Cream:
- Apply a pea-size amount of eye cream and distribute it evenly under your eyes and over your eye-lids.
- Tap gently in the area using your ring fingers. Tap until fully absorbed.
- Sheet Mask
- Open the package and take the sheet mask out.
- Spread it over the face and place it tightly over the skin.
- Let it sit for 10 to 20 minutes or the recommended time on the packaging.
*You don’t need to do this step every day, only once or twice a week. You can skip the skip altogether, but sheet masks provide a noticable difference with how the skin feels and looks.
- Apply 3 or 4 drops and apply evenly onto the face
- Massage until fully absorbed.
- Finish up with slight tapping motions all over your face. This will help the product fully sink in.
*Nighttime is the time to apply any heavier skin care treatments that help resolve skin concerns and might give adverse results with sun exposure.
- Apply about a nickel-size amount of product onto your fingertips.
- Gently rub the product with both hands to warm it up.
- Apply it evenly onto the face and spread until fully absorbed, if your skin feels a bit dry you can repeat this process once again.
*Apply a thicker amount than you would normally in the mornings to keep your skin well hydrated during the whole day.
The most important aspect of any skin care routine is making sure to properly rest your body. After any stressful day, paper yourself to heal your mind and soul.